Chosen From Heaven Above . . . Hearts Forever Joined In Love

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's OK, when it's NOT ok . . .

(I recently sent this to a waiting PAP friend. I thought it might help others "waiting" today.)

Just a note of encouragement today - "it's OK, when it's NOT ok".

You know, I was watching my sweet, beautiful boy play soccer on Saturday & thought to myself "What a perfect child! I Love him so much!". Everything I went through to have him, is still very real, but it is now just a memory, however a very vivid memory. I did weather through it & we are now on the other side.

I know one day, I will be able to look back on the journey to my 2nd child & have the same assurrance & confirming thoughts that I now have for Nicholas. However, that day is not TODAY. Today, I'm still in the midst of the struggles & I feel all the "labor" pains. Today, it is not pleasant. Today, I feel it is "unfair". Today, I am "trying" to live with joy about how the path of my 2nd adoption has been laid out for me to travel. Today, I'm trying to let go & accept the possible negative outcomes. Today, it IS hard to deal with . . .

Just wanted to let you know, it is okay to feel the "not so wonderful" side of International Adoption. It is very real. We will get through it. God will give us the strength to weather through it, even when everything that could go wrong is multiplied by x 10! His grace is sufficient to conquer all. We WILL have our precious children, one day . . .

Hugs ~ To all PAP's "waiting".

2 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Hi Nancy, Sorry you had a bad day. I feel those adoption "labor" pains often. Thank you for this post - I find the last paragraph very inspirational and the song, "Hope" is just perfect. Take care...Teresa

Anonymous said...

nancy....i feel your pain. we are waiting too. the unknown is frustrating. hang in there. tammy