Chosen From Heaven Above . . . Hearts Forever Joined In Love

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Could it happen again . . . exactly 4 years later?

I have always wished I could have one of those "date/number/word" confirmation/coincidence things, like so many parents have during their adoption process. You know - like when you just know the stars are aligned right or some significant date falls on a special date or the numbers or letters add up to something significant?

I know, I know – in hindsight, you shouldn't base this huge life-changing adoption experience on a coincidence or stars aligning just right. But, it would be so awesome! A humorous, wonderful bonding story to share with my children! What if I received the "call" on the same date, that wonderful date (7/16/08) as Nicholas, just 4 years later? Or, what if the "call" came on the same day, the 3rd Friday of July? Or, the same time, 2:00 p.m.? So Cool!!!

Well, this is that week & the week is slipping by . . . and, for many reasons (I am not publicly able to share) this last week has been a combination of extreme highs & extreme lows. There have been a couple of "coincidences" that have been surreal. A week of wonderful remembrance with memories of that special Friday in July 2004. But, 4 years later, it has also been a week of disappointment with my 2nd adoption. I will never forget this specific week.

I do know there will be something MORE wonderful, MORE powerful than a referral date/time coincidence . . . when MY child is ready. God IS in control & His timeline is MORE significant than any coincidence.

Moving forward . . . once again . . . day-by-day.

1 comment:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Nancy - you are profoundly in my prayers. I know how latched onto those 'special' day opportunties during our wait. There were no cooincidences for us :) It was just a great day!

I will be so thrilled for you when your next great day arrives.

cm