Chosen From Heaven Above . . . Hearts Forever Joined In Love

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Much Needed IA Break . . .

As you can see, I have not posted in about 6 weeks! As you know from my previous posts, I have struggled with delay after delay. The Kemerovo region closed in April 2008 & delayed my adoption process, once again. I’m going to admit, my spirit was at an all time low during April & May. It was very hard for me to even talk about my adoption process with anyone. My heart was so heavy from all the various disappointing delays over the last 2.5 years. I was having a hard time being joyful when I read & watched as other PAP received “the call” & traveled to Russia with little wait time. I was beginning to have a bitter attitude! I had no idea when or if Kemerovo would open again & my mind turned to very unpleasant thoughts as I realized I might not travel until 2009! I honestly didn’t know if I could withstand another year of wait (3 years!). Now I know the world of IA is not easy & a PAP should not expect it to be, but I think only those adoptive parents that have weathered LONG waits can truly understand.

The best way I can explain it . . . “its like being picked last for a game of dodge ball." You know the 2 team captains see you & you anxiously wait & wonder if you will indeed be picked last. Your mother tells you it doesn't matter, but inside - you know, it really does!

So . . . I took a much needed break the last 1.5 months from blogging about the IA processing world. Not much progress forward & my heart was so heavy. And, on one particular day, when my heart was at its heaviest, I prayed . . . “Lord, if you want me to adopt another child, please steady my heart & give me an extra measure of strength to withstand all of these delays. AND, please get them figured out!” As always, God heard my prayer. And, that very day, just when I was at my lowest. my adoption agency called & presented me with an option . . . registering in another region, Vladivostok.

God is always there . . . with the right plan. It may not be our plan, but He does have it ALL figured out!

So, I will be registered in 2 regions. I’m still registered in Kemerovo & will soon be in Vladivostok. AND, it gets better . . . My agency notified me on Friday (6/20/2008) that the Kemerovo region is once again OPEN! YES, I now have double the chances of traveling this year, 2008! How awesome it that! Which one will it be? . . . I have humbly bowed to the Lord’s awesome wisdom. It honestly doesn’t matter. The last 2 weeks have been busy putting together a 4th (yep, count them, 4!) dossier for the region of Vlad. There are a few more required docs for this region compared to Kemerovo, but I am almost finished & once again I am in the (oh, so familiar) wait for 2 REGIONS!

I have finally realized how consumed I have been over the last 6 months with ALL that paperwork, completing 2 new DOE dossiers. WHEW!!!

I still would like to continue taking a much needed break from IA processing. I have down loaded the pictures from my digital camera (finally) & over the next couple of months I'll post them. So, over the rest of the summer, the blogs will be more “Nicky inspired”!

A rejuvenated PAP . . .

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I had been wondering what was going on with you.

I will never understand why some of us have such long waits while others seem to just coast right through.

It will work out. And you are right. God's plans and our plans are not always the same but He is in control. In the end (which sometimes seems so far away) the plan is realized and our babies are home.

Keep your head up.

Mary and Michael said...

I totally understand needing a break from the world of IA. It is great that your agency will register you in two regions. I hope your wait will not be too much longer.

Ryan and Katie said...

Hang in there! From experience I can say that the journey is definitely part of God's good plan and just like you want a daughter to hug and call you mama, your heavenly Father wants you to call out to him and rest in Him right now.

Anonymous said...

it is good to see you rejuvenated! i myself am still frustrated. so...i'll use your rejuvenation to help me! good luck.

Rebekah said...

I saw your blog address on FRUA, and I'm so glad that I came for a visit! I will pray for you! I'm so sorry that you have had such a LONG wait! I can't wait to hear how God has opened the doors to add another little blessing to your family!
(PS-Love the music on your blog!)
Rebekah
(jjmom2007 on frua)